general teaching council for england
The GTC is the professional body for teaching in England.
Our overall purpose is to work in the public interest to help improve standards of teaching and learning.
We work for children, through teachers
help with common tasks:
- find out about teaching’s Code of Conduct
- express concerns about a teacher
- find out about GTC expenditure
- apply for full registration
- refer cases of misconduct or incompetence
- meet the GTC's Public Relations Manager
- contact the media office out of office hours
Employer Access Service
02 Mar 2011
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the temporary loss of the Employer Access service. The service is now available as normal (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm).
Good practice in phonics teaching
21 Feb 2011
Sir Jim Rose talks about the characteristics of effective phonics teaching he saw taking place in deprived areas of Scotland.
Keeping ICT to budget
21 Feb 2011
Professor Steve Higgins explains how schools can use technology effectively and efficiently in times of constrained budgets by using technology they already have in alternative ways.