Tell us what you think

Email page to a friend


Who must register?


published:29 Mar 2010

The GTC is the gatekeeper to entry into the teaching profession in England, the professional body that awards qualified teacher status (QTS) and registers qualified teachers in England. To teach in England you need to have QTS and, in most cases, to be registered with the GTC.

There are two types of registration:

  • full registration for teachers with QTS
  • provisional registration for trainee teachers on an initial teacher training programme, instructors and overseas trained teachers.

For more information, see our registration section.

teacher login:

new user?

related links:

  • Tax relief for registration fees form
  • Direct Debit form
  • Application for provisional registration for overseas teachers
  • Application for provisional registration for instructors
  • Application for full registration